Sunday, February 12, 2012

Giving color to the Child Friendly Spaces Project :)



With some volunteers after Day 1 for
Mural Painting
As part of the construction phase for the Child Friendly Spaces, the mural wall painting was the next step towards finishing the project. Last January, we started with the sketching and painting of the murals in the community. Since I was not good with the arts, I volunteered with painting after the other volunteers were finished sketching with the  drawings on the wall.

With Aira (one of my COSORES groupmates ). We were waiting for the others
to finish the sketching so that we can start the painting :)

Painting the walls with COSORES Groupmates :)


After Day 1 the wall near the mini library was complete!
At first, I was very scared to paint the walls because the arts was my waterloo. However, when I started painting the walls, I realized that I was starting to get the hang of it. Eventually I started to enjoy painting because I realize that the initially plain walls of this facility is now full of life, with the different sketches of children playing, studying as well as the trees and flowers in place. It's definitely a one-of-a-kind experience for me, knowing that I am not really very artistic, and yet my skills were honed through this activity. I also felt very fulfilled, because I know that this project will go a long way with helping children achieve their dreams in the future.


Thumbs up from the volunteers of Day 2!
Working on the Welcoming wall :)


With the volunteers for the mural painting :)
Day 2- We were finishing the outlining and painting of the murals on the walls.










Last February 4, Jb and I went back to the community to finish up the painting of the 2nd floor where we concentrated our efforts on finishing the welcoming wall of the facility. I continued painting the rainbow and the bodies of the children while Jb finished the outlining and the fonts for the slogan!

No comments: